- This event has passed.
Specialized XRD application courses on Empyrean and X’Pert³ Powder (X’Pert Pro MPD)
November 12, 2018 - November 16, 2018
The courses are intended for both new and existing users of Empyrean, X’Pert³ Powder and MRD diffractometers, who want to get in-depth training in special applications and the corresponding Software packages. It is strongly recommended for the new users to follow beforehand the X-Ray Powder Diffraction course, or to have a solid background and hands-on experience in XRD before registering for the application specific courses.
Eight different courses are offered (of which a maximum of 2 can be followed in one week):
- Several different courses are offered in the same week (of which a maximum of 3 can be followed in one week):
- Texture analysis using Texture software (2 days)
- Residual stress analysis, using Stress software module (2 days)
- Reflectometry course (3 days)
- Non-ambient XRD with Anton Paar non-ambient chambers (1 day)
- Small Angle X-ray Scattering (EasySAXS) (2 days)
- Atomic Pair Distribution Function (PDF) (2 days)
- Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-ray Scattering (GISAXS) on Empyrean (2 days)
- Computed Tomography (CT) (2 days)
Each course starts with the introduction to the basic principles behind the corresponding technique, followed by extensive hands-on training on the instrument (Empyrean, X’Pert³ Powder or X’Pert³ MRD) and/or corresponding software module to help you to optimize data collection and analysis procedure specific for your application(s).
For further information please contact:
Ms. Heide Rayos
Kingdom of Bahrain
Tel: +973 17180507