“The power of having high quality XRF standards”
XRF Calibration Standards are critical to the performance of XRF spectrometers. Without the calibration standards it will be very difficult to get accurate result
What does it mean by calibration standard for XRF?
Calibration and validation of your analytical methods requires the use of the traceable refence materials and correct methodologies. ProLab Systems offers a wide range calibration modules and reference materials, covering elemental analysis, particle size, zeta potential and molecular weight. The calibration packages are designed to be used in combination with Malvern Panalytical systems and solutions. Several of them include method templates to ensure correct set-up and use..
Calibration standard for XRF
- Omnian for standard less elemental analysis of a wide range of materials
- Stratos for thickness and composition analysis of thin films and coatings
- CEMOXI for composition analysis of cement and raw materials
- WROXI for composition analysis of a wide-range of oxides
- NiFeCo– for elemental analysis of a wide range of Ni, Fe and Co based alloys
- Cu-base– for elemental analysis of a wide range of Cu alloys
- LAS for elemental analysis of low alloy steels
- Pro-Trace for high accuracy trace analysis
- Oil-Trace for versatile oil and fuel analysis
- Oil and Fuel Calibration Standards for compliance to ASTM & ISO methods
- ADPOL for analysis of additives and fillers in polymers
- TOXEL for accurate analysis of toxic elements in polymers
- RoHS WEEE standards for analysis of RoHS restricted materials
- Synthetic calibration standards based on fusion
Note: please click on the calibration standard titles to know more about them
The success of an XRF analysis depends on the quality of the calibration standards used. Finding high quality standards in the required analytical range is not only challenging but in most cases also expensive.
To get into in-depth of these XRF standards let’s take an example of WROXI standards which are used for composition analysis of a wide-range of oxides
WROXI – for composition analysis of a wide-range of oxides
WROXI is a calibration module designed specifically for analysis of a wide range of oxide materials. They are delivered together with an application setup template for the Zetium spectrometer. The standards enable calibrations for 21 major oxide for sample prepared as fused beads. These cover a wide range of geological material compositions. The WROXI standards set are suited for a wide variety of materials, including: silicates, carbonates, phosphates, rocks, soils, iron ores, manganese ores and cements.
Which Material can be analyzed by WROXI?
- Iron/manganese ore
- Blast furnace slags
- Fly ash
Why Fusion is required?
The standards are fused to remove mineralogical and particle size effects. Fused samples are ‘perfect’ samples, and in combination with the Fundamental Parameters (FP) matrix correction model enable very wide concentration ranges in a single calibration.
- 20 multi element synthetic standards and a two drift monitor samplse
- Detailed instructions on the use and handling of the WROXI standards
- Calibration templates for SuperQ
- Suitcase for safe storage
Elements and analytical ranges
The WROXI calibration module includes 21 oxides with a wide concentration range covering many materials. The elements and analytical ranges are shown in the table:
|Compound||Concentration range (wt%)||Compound||Concentration range (wt%)|
|Na2O||0 – 58||Mn3O4||0 – 80|
|MgO||0 – 78||Fe2O3||0 – 81|
|Al2O3||0 – 78||NiO||0 -12|
|SiO2||0 – 80||CuO||0 – 8|
|P2O5||0 – 40||ZnO||0 – 10|
|SO3||0 – 59||SrO||0 – 20|
|K2O||0 – 40||ZrO2||0 – 43|
|CaO||0 – 80||BaO||0 – 43|
|TiO2||0 – 40||HfO2||0 – 10|
|V2O5||0 – 10||PbO||0 – 10|
The WROXI module and setup samples are designed to be used in combination with Malvern Panalytical WDXRF instruments like Zetium. Certain hardware requirements apply. The module can be delivered with new systems but can also be deployed on existing instruments running SuperQ software
Need to replenish your WROXI standards?
A replenishment set is available, containing only the calibration standards.
Are your elemental and concentration ranges are not fully covered by WROXI?
We can easily extend WROXI for you or provide a suite of synthetic standards fully tailored to your materials and analytical requirements.
To know more about WROXI or any other XRF standards we offer, Please feel free to Contact us.